The dehydrated green bean snack is a healthy and natural alternative to conventional salty snacks. A product suitable for vegans, gluten-free and lactose-free, handmade from dehydrated green beans and other organic vegetables, seeds and herbs produced in our gardens.
Thanks to our infrared dehydration process, the green bean snack maintains its nutritional values in almost the same proportions as its fresh preparation.
A convenient, different and healthy way to eat vegetables when they cannot be consumed fresh.
Ingredients and quantity
Vegan product. Gluten free. Lactose free.
Green bean snack ingredients
- Steamed green beans
- Raw pumpkin
- Raw leek
- Sunflower seeds
- Pumpkin seeds
- Flax seeds
- Chia seeds
- Spice mixture
- Extra virgin olive oil
Product quantity (net weight)
Average values per 100 grams of green bean snack
Energy value 428 kcal / 1777 KJ
Fat: 27 g
of which saturated 4 g
Carbohydrates: 17 g
of which sugars 15 g
Protein: 19 g
Fiber: 20 g
Salt: 5 g
On the island of La Palma (the beautiful island), VidaViva Ecofood’s green bean snack is made from home-grown and organic vegetables cultivated on the island. Our company is located in the municipality of Tijarafe, our crop fields are at various altitudes above sea level, more specifically from 207 m to 800 m and these areas have very good conditions to practice agriculture, which is very good for our crop fields.
Some time ago a volcano erupted on the island of La Palma, so our crops were affected, but it was not all bad, because the ashes of the volcano contain many nutrients that are very good for our crops and these nutrients along with the pure air of the island, its many hours of light and its wonderful mountain waters, help to improve the quality and production of our plantations and thus also improve our raw materials.
All vegetables are subjected to a dehydration process after harvesting, which allows them to maintain almost all the nutritional properties, color and flavor of the vegetables. In addition, before going through the dehydration process, the vegetables are combined with other natural ingredients to result in a natural, healthy, delicious and nutritious green bean snack.
Properties and benefits
Properties of dehydrated vegetables
VidaViva Ecofood’s dehydrated products, such as green bean snacks, are highly nutritious. In addition, our 50g snack is equivalent to 500g of fresh food, as our dehydration process prevents the food from losing nutrients and other properties.
Therefore, dehydrated vegetables retain almost the same nutritional value as fresh vegetables, especially minerals and some vitamins. Perhaps for this reason, it is one of the oldest methods of food preservation.
The benefits of consuming dehydrated foods, such as VidaViva Ecofood’s green bean snack, are numerous:
- They are antioxidants.
- Good for the immune system (they are rich in vitamins A and C).
- They regulate intestinal transit.
- Strong bones (High concentration of vitamin K).
- Maintains healthy arteries.
- Strengthens our defenses.
- It takes care of the cardiovascular system.
- Good for the digestive system.
- Benefits our eye health.
- It takes care of the urinary system and kidneys.
- Moderate in carbohydrates, low in protein and rich in fiber.
- Its minerals include potassium, calcium, phosphorus and magnesium.
- Regarding its vitamins, vitamin C and E stand out , as well as vitamins of the B group: folates and vitamin B6, important for the nervous and immune systems.
- Helps to combat the presence of pathogenic fungi and bacteria thanks to its microbicidal substances.
- The presence of folates contributes to proper fetal development, especially in the first weeks of gestation.
- Prevents the formation of varicose veins and other venous disorders.
- They are characterized by being rich in vitamin E, which gives them several properties. This vitamin is a powerful antioxidant, which helps to maintain healthy cells and thus prevent various diseases.
- Decreases the severity and frequency of hot flashes in menopausal women.
- The antioxidant effect also leads to anti-inflammatory effects that result in the reduction of symptoms of asthma, osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
- They are rich in minerals, such as manganese, calcium, copper, phosphorus and selenium, which promote bone health, among many other vital body functions.
- The type of fats or fatty acids (linoleic acid) it contains is one of the healthiest.
- They are naturally rich in fiber.
- They promote relaxation and increase well-being.
- Weight loss.
- They increase muscle mass.
- They protect the body’s cells.
- They reduce inflammation.
- Improve prostate and thyroid health.
- Combat intestinal parasites.
- Combat anemia.
- Combat belly pain.
- They are good for heart health.
- They regulate blood sugar.
- High Fiber Content.
- May Reduce Cancer Risk.
- Prevents Heart Disease.
- Helps Control Diabetes.
- Reduce Cholesterol.
- They help in skin care.
- They help in the care of hair and nails.
- They are rich in vitamins and minerals (B vitamins, vitamin E).
- Good source of vegetable proteins.
- Rich in Omega-3 and anti-inflammatory.
- They are gluten-free.
- They help to lose weight.
- They reduce high blood pressure.
- Aids digestion.
- They help the immune system.
- They reduce menopausal symptoms.
- Helps the menstrual cycle.
- Reduce “dry eye”.
- They are rich in antioxidants.
- They are an excellent source of fiber.
- Great contribution of good proteins.
- High content of Omega-3 fatty acids.
- They help your metabolic health.
- They provide nutrients for the bones.
- They prevent diabetes.
EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL:
- Helps to lose weight.
- Relieves mild inflammations.
- Prevent mental deterioration.
- Anticancer properties.
- Good ally against diabetes.
- Improves immune response.
- Helps control blood pressure.
- Regulates cholesterol.
- Ulcer treatment.
- Hair health care.
- Moisturizes the skin naturally.
The reasonable consumption of dehydrated vegetables, in the context of a balanced diet, is an excellent alternative to conventional snacks and appetizers, which usually contain a lot of salt, additives and a high caloric intake with few associated nutrients.
VidaViva Ecofood’s dehydrated food products give you many options in the kitchen and in everyday life. The best thing is that they are always ready!
The green bean snack has a wide variety of uses:
- As a healthy snack between meals.
- As a new appetizer.
- To add to salads and other dishes.
- Ideal for sailors and hikers, because they do not need to be cooked and are preserved in good conditions for a long time.
- As a healthier alternative snack for children.
- Or for anything else you can think of!
A convenient, different and healthy way to eat vegetables.
Our dehydrated vegetable-based products, such as the green bean snack, last in good condition for a whole year. For proper storage, they should be kept in their original packaging or, better yet, transferred to an airtight glass jar and stored in a cool, dark and dry place.