The dried tomato snack is a healthy and natural alternative to conventional salty snacks. A product suitable for vegans, gluten-free and lactose-free, handmade from dried tomatoes and other organic vegetables, seeds and herbs produced in our gardens.
Thanks to our infrared dehydration process, the tomato snack maintains its nutritional values in almost the same proportions as its fresh preparation.
A convenient, different and healthy way to eat vegetables when they cannot be consumed fresh.
Ingredients and quantity
Vegan product. Gluten free. Lactose free.
Tomato snack ingredients
- Raw tomato
- Raw pumpkin
- Raw leek
- Sunflower seeds
- Pumpkin seeds
- Flax seeds
- Chia seeds
- Extra virgin olive oil
Product quantity (net weight)
Average values per 100 grams of tomato snacks
Energy value 397 kcal / 1649 KJ
Fat: 22 g
of which saturated 3 g
Carbohydrates: 26 g
of which sugars 18 g
Protein: 16 g
Fiber: 18 g
Salt: 5 g
On the island of La Palma (Canary Islands), better known as La Isla Bonita, we produce our vegetables organically and from them come our delicious tomato snack.
VidaViva Ecofood has large fields of crops, which are located in the municipality of Tijarafe. These fields are at altitudes ranging from 270 m to 800 m above sea level, the areas where they are located have excellent conditions for agroecology. A volcano erupted on our island in the year 2021, but not everything was for the worse, since the ashes are full of nutrients and are good for our crops, together with the pure air, the incomparable mountain water and the many hours of sunshine, help our production to improve and thus also the quality of our raw materials.
The vegetables needed for the tomato snack are harvested by hand and then undergo a dehydration process, which allows the vegetables to retain most of their nutritional properties, flavor and color. When the dehydration process is finished, we obtain our wonderful, rich and nutritious tomato snack.
Properties and benefits
Properties of dehydrated vegetables
VidaViva Ecofood’s dehydrated products, such as the tomato snack, are super nutritious. 50 g of our snacks are equivalent to 500 g of fresh preparation, thanks to our dehydration process because it prevents the food from losing its nutrients and properties.
Therefore, dehydrated vegetables retain their nutritional values in almost the same proportions as fresh vegetables, especially minerals and some vitamins. Perhaps, for this reason, this is one of the oldest methods of food preservation in existence.
The benefits of consuming dehydrated foods, such as VidaViva Ecofood’s tomato snack, are numerous:
- Eye protection.
- Improves blood circulation.
- Intestinal transit regulator.
- Natural diuretic.
- Take care of your skin, teeth and hair.
- Strengthens the immune system.
- Strengthens our defenses.
- It takes care of the cardiovascular system.
- Good for the digestive system.
- Benefits our eye health.
- It takes care of the urinary system and kidneys.
- Moderate in carbohydrates, low in protein and rich in fiber.
- Its minerals include potassium, calcium, phosphorus and magnesium.
- Regarding its vitamins, vitamin C and E stand out , as well as vitamins of the B group: folates and vitamin B6, important for the nervous and immune systems.
- Helps to combat the presence of pathogenic fungi and bacteria thanks to its microbicidal substances.
- The presence of folates contributes to proper fetal development, especially in the first weeks of gestation.
- Prevents the formation of varicose veins and other venous disorders.
- They are characterized by being rich in vitamin E, which gives them several properties. This vitamin is a powerful antioxidant, which helps to maintain healthy cells and thus prevent various diseases.
- Decreases the severity and frequency of hot flashes in menopausal women.
- The antioxidant effect also leads to anti-inflammatory effects that result in the reduction of symptoms of asthma, osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
- They are rich in minerals, such as manganese, calcium, copper, phosphorus and selenium, which promote bone health, among many other vital body functions.
- The type of fats or fatty acids (linoleic acid) it contains is one of the healthiest.
- They are naturally rich in fiber.
- They promote relaxation and increase well-being.
- Weight loss.
- They increase muscle mass.
- They protect the body’s cells.
- They reduce inflammation.
- Improve prostate and thyroid health.
- Combat intestinal parasites.
- Combat anemia.
- Combat belly pain.
- They are good for heart health.
- They regulate blood sugar.
- High Fiber Content.
- May Reduce Cancer Risk.
- Prevents Heart Disease.
- Helps Control Diabetes.
- Reduce Cholesterol.
- They help in skin care.
- They help in the care of hair and nails.
- They are rich in vitamins and minerals (B vitamins, vitamin E).
- Good source of vegetable proteins.
- Rich in Omega-3 and anti-inflammatory.
- They are gluten-free.
- They help to lose weight.
- They reduce high blood pressure.
- Aids digestion.
- They help the immune system.
- They reduce menopausal symptoms.
- Helps the menstrual cycle.
- Reduce “dry eye”.
- They are rich in antioxidants.
- They are an excellent source of fiber.
- Great contribution of good proteins.
- High content of Omega-3 fatty acids.
- They help your metabolic health.
- They provide nutrients for the bones.
- They prevent diabetes.
EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL:
- Helps to lose weight.
- Relieves mild inflammations.
- Prevent mental deterioration.
- Anticancer properties.
- Good ally against diabetes.
- Improves immune response.
- Helps control blood pressure.
- Regulates cholesterol.
- Ulcer treatment.
- Hair health care.
- Moisturizes the skin naturally.
- It is good for the digestive system. E
- It can be used to treat colds and sore throats.
- It is anti-inflammatory.
- It has antioxidant effects.
- With antibacterial properties.
- It has calming effects.
- Topical use. In oil, to help treat a number of skin diseases, such as acne and dandruff.
- Helps the digestive system
- Relieves muscle or joint pain
- Supports liver health
- Encourages hair growth
- Provides vitality to the skin
- Helps to lose weight
- It is a potent anticoagulant.
- It has antibacterial effects.
- It is antifungal.
- Reduces bad cholesterol.
- It acts on blood pressure.
- It is an antioxidant.
- It has antitoxic properties.
The reasonable consumption of dehydrated vegetables, in the context of a balanced diet, is an excellent alternative to conventional snacks and appetizers, which usually contain a lot of salt, additives and a high caloric intake with few associated nutrients.
VidaViva Ecofood’s dehydrated food products give you many options in the kitchen and in everyday life. The best thing is that they are always ready!
Tomato snack has a wide variety of uses:
- As a healthy snack between meals.
- As a new appetizer.
- To add to salads and other dishes.
- Ideal for sailors and hikers, because they do not need to be cooked and are preserved in good conditions for a long time.
- As a healthier alternative snack for children.
- Or for anything else you can think of!
A convenient, different and healthy way to eat vegetables.
Our dehydrated vegetable-based products, such as tomato snacks, last in good condition for a whole year. For proper storage, they should be kept in their original packaging or, better yet, transferred to an airtight glass jar and stored in a cool, dark and dry place.