The dehydrated pumpkin snack is a healthy and natural alternative to conventional salty snacks. A product suitable for vegans, gluten-free and lactose-free, handmade from dehydrated pumpkin and other organic vegetables, seeds and spices produced in our gardens.
Thanks to our infrared dehydration process, the pumpkin snack maintains its nutritional values in almost the same proportions as its fresh preparation.
A convenient, different and healthy way to eat vegetables when they cannot be consumed fresh.
Ingredients and quantity
Vegan product. Gluten free. Lactose free.
Pumpkin snack ingredients
- Raw pumpkin
- Raw tomato
- Raw leek
- Flax seeds
- Sunflower seeds
- Pumpkin seeds
- Chia seeds
- Extra virgin olive oil
Product quantity (net weight)
Average values per 100 grams of pumpkin snacks
Energy value 405 kcal / 1687 KJ
Fat: 22 g
of which saturated 3 g
Carbohydrates: 29 g
of which sugars 1 g
Protein: 16 g
Fiber: 11 g
Salt: 6 g
We organically grow the vegetables from which our delicious pumpkin snack comes from, on the island of La Palma (Canary Islands), better known as La Isla Bonita, a wonderful and excellent place for our crops.
Our company, VidaViva Ecofood, owns a large agricultural land located in the town of Tijarafe. The altitude of the fields ranges from 270 to 800 meters above sea level and they are located in areas with the best conditions for growing organic products.
A volcano erupted on the island of La Palma, which did a lot of damage but not all to bad, because the ashes of the volcano came very well for all crops on the island, especially for ours. The ashes are loaded with nutrients that are very good for the crops and this plus the clean air, unparalleled mountain water and prolonged sunlight help improve our production and thus the quality of our raw materials.
The vegetables for the pumpkin snack are hand-picked and then undergo a dehydration process, which allows the vegetables to retain most of their nutritional value, flavor and color. At the end of this process is when we will obtain our pumpkin snack, very tasty and nutritious.
Properties and benefits
Properties of dehydrated vegetables
VidaViva Ecofood’s dehydrated products, such as the pumpkin snack, are very nutritious, since 50 g of our snacks are equivalent to 500 g of fresh preparation. This is because we have a very good dehydration process and this prevents food from losing its nutrients and other properties.
Dehydrated vegetables retain their nutritional values in almost the same percentages as fresh vegetables, especially minerals and some vitamins. Dehydration is said to be one of the oldest methods of food preservation and may be for these reasons.
The benefits of consuming dehydrated foods, such as VidaViva Ecofood’s pumpkin snack, are numerous:
- Strengthens our defenses.
- It takes care of the cardiovascular system.
- Good for the digestive system.
- Benefits our eye health.
- It takes care of the urinary system and kidneys.
- Eye protection.
- Improves blood circulation.
- Intestinal transit regulator.
- Natural diuretic.
- Take care of your skin, teeth and hair.
- Strengthens the immune system.
- Moderate in carbohydrates, low in protein and rich in fiber.
- Its minerals include potassium, calcium, phosphorus and magnesium.
- Regarding its vitamins, vitamin C and E stand out , as well as vitamins of the B group: folates and vitamin B6, important for the nervous and immune systems.
- Helps to combat the presence of pathogenic fungi and bacteria thanks to its microbicidal substances.
- The presence of folates contributes to proper fetal development, especially in the first weeks of gestation.
- Prevents the formation of varicose veins and other venous disorders.
- They are characterized by being rich in vitamin E, which gives them several properties. This vitamin is a powerful antioxidant, which helps to maintain healthy cells and thus prevent various diseases.
- Decreases the severity and frequency of hot flashes in menopausal women.
- The antioxidant effect also leads to anti-inflammatory effects that result in the reduction of symptoms of asthma, osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
- They are rich in minerals, such as manganese, calcium, copper, phosphorus and selenium, which promote bone health, among many other vital body functions.
- The type of fats or fatty acids (linoleic acid) it contains is one of the healthiest.
- They are naturally rich in fiber.
- They promote relaxation and increase well-being.
- Weight loss.
- They increase muscle mass.
- They protect the body’s cells.
- They reduce inflammation.
- Improve prostate and thyroid health.
- Combat intestinal parasites.
- Combat anemia.
- Combat belly pain.
- They are good for heart health.
- They regulate blood sugar.
- High Fiber Content.
- May Reduce Cancer Risk.
- Prevents Heart Disease.
- Helps Control Diabetes.
- Reduce Cholesterol.
- They help in skin care.
- They help in the care of hair and nails.
- They are rich in vitamins and minerals (B vitamins, vitamin E).
- Good source of vegetable proteins.
- Rich in Omega-3 and anti-inflammatory.
- They are gluten-free.
- They help to lose weight.
- They reduce high blood pressure.
- Aids digestion.
- They help the immune system.
- They reduce menopausal symptoms.
- Helps the menstrual cycle.
- Reduce “dry eye”.
- They are rich in antioxidants.
- They are an excellent source of fiber.
- Great contribution of good proteins.
- High content of Omega-3 fatty acids.
- They help your metabolic health.
- They provide nutrients for the bones.
- They prevent diabetes.
EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL:
- Helps to lose weight.
- Relieves mild inflammations.
- Prevent mental deterioration.
- Anticancer properties.
- Good ally against diabetes.
- Improves immune response.
- Helps control blood pressure.
- Regulates cholesterol.
- Ulcer treatment.
- Hair health care.
- Moisturizes the skin naturally.
- Prevents Alzheimer’s disease.
- It is good for digestion.
- It has antioxidant effects.
- Reduces inflammation.
- Strengthens the immune system.
- Minimizes arthritis symptoms.
- It has anticarcinogenic properties.
- Delays aging.
The reasonable consumption of dehydrated vegetables, in the context of a balanced diet, is an excellent alternative to conventional snacks and appetizers, which usually contain a lot of salt, additives and a high caloric intake with few associated nutrients.
VidaViva Ecofood’s dehydrated food products give you many options in the kitchen and in everyday life. The best thing is that they are always ready!
Pumpkin snack has a wide variety of uses:
- As a healthy snack between meals.
- As a new appetizer.
- To add to salads and other dishes.
- Ideal for sailors and hikers, because they do not need to be cooked and are preserved in good conditions for a long time.
- As a healthier alternative snack for children.
- Or for anything else you can think of!
A convenient, different and healthy way to eat vegetables.
Our dehydrated vegetable-based products, such as pumpkin snack, last in good condition for a whole year. For proper storage, they should be kept in their original packaging or, better yet, transferred to an airtight glass jar and stored in a cool, dark and dry place.